Monsoon season has a special place in my heart. It leaves me in awe at the power and wonder of nature and gives me a deeper feeling of connection. This is a perfect time to embrace the wild unpredictability of the season. Throw your doors open, let yourself free and dance in the rain. Feel the rain hit your face as it drenches and replenishes the earth. Watch the plants thrive and bloom with new vitality. Stand in awe at the amazing, breath taking and startling light and sound shows that dance across the sky.
- Disconnect from technology (we don’t want it to get wet anyways) and step outside.
- Calm your breathing, clear your mind and open your ears. Listen to the wind whistling in the trees, to the plants swaying and bending to nature’s will. Hear the steady drumming of the rain as it pours from the sky or the quiet pitter patter splat as it slows and drifts away. The heart stopping boom and roar of thunder. Let the sounds of nature surround you and drown out the world.
- Close your eyes and turn your face up to the sky. Feel the cool rain roll down your face. Take off your shoes and squish the damp earth between your toes, run through the rain slicked grass. Reach out and feel the energy sizzle as the lightning strikes. Open your senses.
- Smell the damp wet earth as life is poured back into it with every rain drop. Absorb the crisp scent of the wind blowing past your face, the tang of energy just before the lightning illuminates the sky.
- With your senses open and in tune with the changes the Monsoon is bringing, focus beyond the physical body. Open your emotions and your spirit to the energy and power swirling around. Ground yourself to the earth and carry yourself away with the wind. Spin, swirl and dance to the beat of the rain syncing your energy flow to the rhythm of the storm. Let the rain wash over you flushing away the negative, the unnecessary, the worrisome and stressful. Let the water leave you revitalized having poured the energy of nature itself into your soul.